In reality this should be a simple yes or no question however, this is one of those really tricky questions as you can't just answer yes or no, at least i can't, my answer always depends on the different scenarios in life that i could be in.
When i was younger i always thought i'd be married to a man and have children but that's a long time ago and now i don't think that at all. When I think about my life in the long term, I never think of me being in a relationship with a man, there’s always a woman in my life that could be because it’s what I know best or maybe deep down I know I will only truly be happy in a relationship with a woman.
I'm not overly bothered about having children, i think i could very happily live my life without my own children and just being the auntie honorary or not to my sisters and friends children. There is definitely many pros and cons to having children just like there is top not having children but not having children does tend to win for me, but I would never say I won’t have children and that by having children I won’t be happy because I know that’s not true.
Now the thought of being pregnant and having my own biological child doesn't take my fancy but i don't if that's because i know it's highly unlikely that if i did get pregnant i'd be able to carry a child to full term because of my PCOS. When I was in the early years of high school I did always think I’d adopt children rather than have my own, I know I will love any children I may have whether they’re biological children or not. I don’t think it should be genetics that determine who are the parents of a child or the child of parents, there are so many families that although they share the same genes are not a family, it takes so much more than genetics to be a family and they are really not need to make people a family.
If i was in a relationship and my partner wanted children and wished to carry them then i'd more than happily support her because although i don't want my own biological child i do love the idea of being a mum, i always have loved that idea it's just not essential to my life. The child my partner carried would still be my child and that’s what matters to me, I don’t need genetics to prove a child is mine, it’ love which creates a family.
Just the same if i was in a relationship and my partner wanted children but wished to adopt rather than carry her own then, i would be more than happy to do that and it is at the moment the route i would like to go down if i was to have children. I also like the idea of fostering because i'd know i was helping children for the time they are with me no matter how long or short a period of time it is, though i know it is probably more unlikely i'll find someone who wants to foster over adoption because i think a lot of people who want children will essentially want their own children who they can see grow up completely under their own guidance.
I would also never be put off if i ended up with a partner who already had a child or children and i would more than happily support them in the bringing up of their child or children.
Ultimately i know i will be happy in life whether i'm a parent or not and so i'll jump that hurdle when it gets to that point in my life but right now i think it's a few years off and I am happy with my life now and I know that my main aim is to be happy because if I’m not happy then how can I create a loving and happy environment for children to grow up in.
When i was younger i always thought i'd be married to a man and have children but that's a long time ago and now i don't think that at all. When I think about my life in the long term, I never think of me being in a relationship with a man, there’s always a woman in my life that could be because it’s what I know best or maybe deep down I know I will only truly be happy in a relationship with a woman.
I'm not overly bothered about having children, i think i could very happily live my life without my own children and just being the auntie honorary or not to my sisters and friends children. There is definitely many pros and cons to having children just like there is top not having children but not having children does tend to win for me, but I would never say I won’t have children and that by having children I won’t be happy because I know that’s not true.
Now the thought of being pregnant and having my own biological child doesn't take my fancy but i don't if that's because i know it's highly unlikely that if i did get pregnant i'd be able to carry a child to full term because of my PCOS. When I was in the early years of high school I did always think I’d adopt children rather than have my own, I know I will love any children I may have whether they’re biological children or not. I don’t think it should be genetics that determine who are the parents of a child or the child of parents, there are so many families that although they share the same genes are not a family, it takes so much more than genetics to be a family and they are really not need to make people a family.
If i was in a relationship and my partner wanted children and wished to carry them then i'd more than happily support her because although i don't want my own biological child i do love the idea of being a mum, i always have loved that idea it's just not essential to my life. The child my partner carried would still be my child and that’s what matters to me, I don’t need genetics to prove a child is mine, it’ love which creates a family.
Just the same if i was in a relationship and my partner wanted children but wished to adopt rather than carry her own then, i would be more than happy to do that and it is at the moment the route i would like to go down if i was to have children. I also like the idea of fostering because i'd know i was helping children for the time they are with me no matter how long or short a period of time it is, though i know it is probably more unlikely i'll find someone who wants to foster over adoption because i think a lot of people who want children will essentially want their own children who they can see grow up completely under their own guidance.
I would also never be put off if i ended up with a partner who already had a child or children and i would more than happily support them in the bringing up of their child or children.
Ultimately i know i will be happy in life whether i'm a parent or not and so i'll jump that hurdle when it gets to that point in my life but right now i think it's a few years off and I am happy with my life now and I know that my main aim is to be happy because if I’m not happy then how can I create a loving and happy environment for children to grow up in.
No comments:
Post a Comment